Because there no glue or finishes needed, you can walk on the flooring immediately after installation, and there is no need to worry about fumes and glue residue.
Before installing it is important to note that a sealant or a caulking gun should be used to cover the expansion space areas around the perimeter of the room. If you are installing it in a bathroom, it is important to use glue in the joints for added protection from moisture and humidity.
DIY SwiftLock Flooring Installation
For installation you will need the following tools:
- Tape measure
- Floor-leveling compound
- Foam underlayment
- Circular saw
- Pry bar
- Floor molding or trim
- Begin by measuring your floor to determine how much laminate flooring you will need. Always purchase a little extra because you will lose some to cutting. Leave the flooring in your house for about 48 hours so it can acclimatize to the temperature and humidity levels
- To prepare your floor, make sure all of your floorboards are clean and secure. Grind or sand down any places that are bumpy, and use a leveling compound to fill any holes or large low spots. You are trying to make your base as even as possible.
- Lay the foam underlayment to cover the entire floor surface. Butt each sheet together without overlapping and then tape the seams together using duct tape. This layer will act as a moisture barrier, will make your floor warmer and more comfortable.
- Begin installing your first row of flooring along the most visible wall in the room. Use spacers to create a 1/4-inch gap between the wall and the flooring. This allows the material to expand and contract without bowing or cracking.
- Click in the second row by sliding the tongue into the groove and firmly pressing them together until the second row lies flat.
- With the circular saw, cut the boards to fit and continue to connect the flooring together until you are at your final row.
- Use a pry bar to force in the last row, again making sure to leave a 1/4-inch expansion space along the wall. Finally, remove the spacers and add floor boards or trim to cover the expansion gaps.
source : lovetoknow.com
armstrong swiftlock laminate flooring,swiftlock laminate flooring reviews ,swiftlock laminate flooring cleaning ,swiftlock plus laminate flooring ,swiftlock laminate flooring installation video ,kronotex laminate flooring ,armstrong flooring ,swiftlock laminate flooring installation